Monday, March 22, 2010

Cory

I had Cory and Kyle come over for dinner tonight. I made Cornish hens but I used a recipe I had never tried. It turned out better than I could hope for! I LOVED it! Anyway, the kids liked it as well.

I took Mom down to get blood work done today. I also had to get it done. Tomorrow morning I get my gold shot. Today, I have a headache and a back ache, so I'm sure the shot will be brutal tomorrow.

Jamie got back from FL. He called me at about 9pm saying that his flight had been delayed. We talked for awhile, then I suggested he call me later if it was delayed again. He did call, at 10 to say that his flight was cancelled. He wasn't very happy and I don't blame him. The same thing happened to him at Christmas when he was leaving here. I told him to call his dad since he thinks he has a solution to everything (yeah, he's that kind of person). I guess he rented a car for Jamie and Jamie drove to Frankfort from Atlanta. It takes about 6 hours. He called me at 6 in the morning to say he was home okay. Frustration.

I've decided to go to KY to see the grandkids. I asked Dan to go with me and he said he didn't want to go. So, I asked Cory to go with me and we had decided to go from April 24 - May 3 and that way we could be there for Derby. Well, Sunday Dan called and said he wanted to go. I don't know what to do now. Have to figure something out because I would like to go for Derby and Dan is working....always problems.

The temps have gotten back to being normal for March. There is no snow in the forecast thank goodness. Apparently, April is supposed to be on the wet side which would be good because of the no snow thing. When you live in the north with a lot of trees, you worry about forest fires in the summer.

Kim will be coming over this week so we can get the prize bags put together for the shower on Saturday. We got so much stuff!! Hope we get a lot of people.

Anyway, that's it for today! (and back to work tomorrow -- yuck)

No comments:

Post a Comment