I just haven't been in the blogging mood these days. But a lot has been going on.
Last week, at bowling, I had a bad encounter with Paul who was my team captain. We had been having alot of trouble with the lanes (as usual). Ours kept breaking down so we were a whole game behind everyone. Dan had just come home from the mine after being gone for 3 weeks. I had decided I was going to skip the last game to go home with Dan. Paul came up to me, first asking why I wasn't bowling. I told him. He began going on and on about how I was letting my team down and how selfish I was, etc. etc. He finally insulted me , I told him to "f" off and I got up and left. Dan had stood up and said something to Paul like , that's my wife your talking to like that." Paul wanted Dan to go outside and fight. Anyway, I'm sitting in the car waiting for Dan and it is taking forever so I went back inside the bowling alley. I went to tell Shelley that I wasn't coming back and she told me to fuck off and just leave. So, I'm done with bowling.
Sandie was bugging me the next day about what happened and I told her to ask Shelley. She emailed her but never got a response until yesterday. Shelley said she didn't like the way I spoke to an 80 year old man. But it was okay for him to talk to me like he did and it was okay for Shelley too. I guess I know who my friends are. I won't go back.
We went to Duluth for the weekend. We left Saturday morning and arrived about noonish. Checked into our hotel and went shopping. The first day, we didn't really buy too much. We went to Olive Garden for dinner....love Olive Garden! We went back to the hotel and had an early night. Dan ended up with some sort of gastro problem and was up a few times in the night with diarrhea. All day Sunday, he wasn't feeling well and had to be near a bathroom. We did some more shopping, went to Applebee's for lunch and then later, Red Lobster for dinner. Early night again.
We went back to Menards and got a couple of things, Target, KMart and then to Sears. The BBQ Dan wanted, they wouldn't give to him for the sale price so we went to Home Depot and bought a WEber. Much nicer BBQ anyway. Sears lost out on that deal. We finally got on the road and was back in Thunder Bay around 4 p.m. Picked up Darby at Mom's and went home. Boy, were we tired!
Dan left to go back up to the mind at 5:30 a.m. Tuesday. I never slept very well so Tuesday was a very long day for me. Dan will be home Friday evening and we are heading out to the lake Saturday morning. I'm so excited! This is so early for the ice to be gone.
Today was supposed to be 21 C....never going to happen. It is cloudy, very damp and cool. Maybe tomorrow it will be 20!!! I doubt it, they are saying only 12. But Saturday and Sunday are supposed to be 16 and 17! Can't wait.
Steve got the flu. Kim called me to say that he had been puking all night. They were supposed to come over here because I am their guarantor for their passports and they needed my signature on the back of their pics. Anyway, didn't happen.
So, that's it for now. No more bowling for me so I have a free evening. Cory and I are meeting later and we are going out to eat. It will be nice to sit and chat with him. He is going to Kap on Saturday to see Jen and help her put the baby's room together. Her doctor is planning on inducing her next week because the baby is not growing. I hope everything will be okay.
No comments:
Post a Comment