Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I'm baaack!

Took a rest for the Easter weekend. It was busy. Went shopping with Sandie on Saturday. It was nuts out there! It was just like the few days before Christmas. My God, what do children need with all that "stuff?" Sandie must have spent $100.00 on Aaron for Easter. That is just insane!

We had our Easter dinner at Kim's on Saturday evening. She had ham, scalloped potatoes, several different vegetables, rolls... I brought over dessert. We had strawberry shortcake (actually, M & M's "Too Tall Strawberry Shortcake" cake. They are soooo good! I made some squares with a graham cracker crust, evaporated milk (sweet) and topped with chocolate and butterscotch chips. Then I sprinkled coconut on top...really good. I also brought over a pumpkin pie. Too much food!

I stayed home Sunday until around 7 p.m. I wanted to take some pics of the sunset. It looked promising for a nice one. Unfortunately, the clouds all went away. No pretty sunset. I ended up taking some pics of some old grain elevators in Westfort that are scheduled to be torn down soon.


My mom worked at one of these elevators when she was first out of high school like 60 years ago!


I took a picture of one of the train cars with graffiti on it. Some of the graffiti is so good...this one really isn't a good example but it will have to do....


Today was another beautiful day here. A woman from Shebandowan was in the office today and she told me the ice is completely gone. I almost wish we weren't going to the states this weekend just so I can get out there! Oh well....

That's it for today

No comments:

Post a Comment